Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mission to Romania - On the FRONT Burner Right Now !!

Please partner with me in spreading the Gospel in Romania!


I had always thought that I, being an ordained pastor for the past 30 years, presently an ordained minister in the Assemblies of God, would spend my entire life ministering as a pastor in a local congregation. For the past 4 years God has been testing me, stretching me, growing me, maturing me, literally filing off the very rough and ragged edges of my pride, teaching me humility and submission as I have never understood it before, and developing the fruit of compassion within me. I have been waiting for Him to open the door to a pastoral ministry position in a local congregation, but that is simply not happening as I expected it to. Instead, God is now placing a burden on my heart for the mission field, something that even 6 months ago I would have said was a crazy idea! I believe God is bringing me into a new season and a new area of ministry. After my church sponsored teaching mission trip to Romania this past May, God literally "hooked" my heart for that country, its people, its pastors, and its churches. I am now learning the Romanian language and have at least 15 FaceBook "friends" from Romania with whom I correspond regularly (some I even video conference with using Skype!).

It is now my God-given vision that I will be making at least 3 trips to Romania each year, some for more than a month or more in duration. (Each trip will cost approx. $2000, which I am hopeful can be raised through faithful supporters and my own work towards this amount.) The burden on my heart is for the Romanian Pentecostal churches and pastors as they seek to follow God's call to spread the Kingdom of God and His mercy and grace in their congregations and communities, as well as to help plant brand new churches in areas where there are no Pentecostal congregations. I look forward to seeing God unfold before my very eyes how I can be of service to Him and them in Romania. Will you pray about helping me raise these funds for this important mission ministry? If you are a pastor, will you prayerfully consider presenting this to your board to consider supporting me as one of your congregational missions giving ministries each month? Make no mistake about it...I will go whether the funds are raised or not, as I believe God has put this on my heart that strongly. I'll just find some way to get there.

I know I will need to raise about $6000 per year for my mission trips to Romania (the first of which is coming up Sept. 17-30). Of course, I will gratefully receive tax deductible donations, but I am also willing to work for this cause as well. Do you have a computer that's giving you problems? Need programs installed or a home network set up? I can help you! Help me spread the Gospel in Romania! Write to me for details!

For any who are so called and interested, the tax-deductible 501(c)3 non-profit corporation that I am ministering under in any and all of my missionary endeavors is, "River of Life Ministries". All checks should be made payable to "River of Life Ministries", and either given to me personally or mailed to me at: 284 Fourth St., South Amboy, NJ, 08879, USA. You will receive a tax-deductible receipt of your contribution as a record of your giving for your tax purposes. I also have the blessing and covering of my pastors and the deacon board at Evangel Church in Scotch Plains, NJ, as I seek to follow God's missionary call on my life and ministry.

I will post updates on my missionary travel plans, as well as progress and ministry reports with photos (and possibly videos) following each trip.

Thank you so much! May God richly bless you!

Pastor Edward Fernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment