Sunday, October 25, 2009

Child-like faith...

I prayed with a 9-yr. old boy this morning who came to the altar for prayer for his mom. He said his mom needed love. After a minute of gently talking with him, I anointed his hands with oil, and with tears in my own eyes I prayed for his own child-like faith to be so empowered that as he went home and laid hands on his own mother, with the simple words, "Mom, Jesus loves you, and so do I", that the uncontainable, gushing over, overwhelming love of God would overflow from God and into that little boy's mom. He then asked me a really honest, straight-forward question, right there at the altar! "Pastor, how do you know this will happen?" I simply told him, "...Because I know the prayers of children are special to God and He hears them...do you believe and trust that God heard you when you just asked him to give your mom more love?" (he quickly and definitely said "Yes!")...(I continued telling him...) "...and you are a child of God with more faith than many people who are much older and even pastors in the church today. Now you just go home, put your arms around your mom and just love her, and share Jesus' love with her, and He will touch her heart through you...do you believe that?" He said, "Yes, I believe that He will!" I was the one who needed the box of tissues after that! Yes, child-like faith..."Let the children come unto me, do not hinder them, for to such belongs the Kingdom of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment